Fiscal Year 2010-2011
REPORT OF THE LEE COUNTY LIBRARIES TO THE LEE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
FOR THE YEAR JULY 1, 2010 – JUNE 30, 2011
This report was made in accordance with the contract for library service for Lee County between the Lee County Board of Supervisors and the following public libraries in Lee County, Iowa:
Fort Madison Public Library
Keokuk Public Library
Montrose Public Library
West Point Public Library
STATISTICS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2010-2011
|Hours Open Weekly
|Items Borrowed by Rural Residents
|ILL: Items Borrowed from Other Libraries||1,727|
|ILL: Items Provided to Other Libraries
|Reference questions answered||25,997|
|Summer Reading Program Participants
*Does not include wireless Internet use.
5,352 rural Lee County residents, 48%, have a library card.
|Population (2010 Census)||Total # of Patrons||# of Rural Patrons||% of Users that are Rural|
LIBRARY COLLECTIONS AVAILABLEInformation can be accessed 24 hours/day, with subscriptions to reference databases.
- Books (including Large Print and Audio)
- Genealogy and local history
- Music CDs
- On-line Reference Databases (EBSCO, First Search, Ancestry* and HeritageQuest*).
- Videos (VHS, DVD)
LIBRARY SERVICES AVAILABLERural residents are offered the same services as community residents.
- Photocopying, printing, faxing, lamination
- Borrowing from any Lee County library
- Borrowing from other libraries via Inter-library Loan (ILL)
- Community meeting space
- Displays and exhibits
- ICN distance education
- Exam proctoring
- Internet access, including wi-fi
- Programs, including programming for children and young adults, book clubs, a writer’s club, special presentations, seasonal activities, free computer classes, etc.
- Reference (directions, homework help, genealogy help, on-line database access, etc.)
USE OF LEE COUNTY LIBRARY FUNDS
For the period of July 1, 2010 – June 30, 2011, $60,000 was paid for service to rural residents.
$24,500.00 was distributed among the five libraries.
$34,652.33 was shared for joint projects:
|Audio Book - Rotation||$2,814.77|
|Audio Visual Materials||$3,400.25|
|Large Print - Rotation||$3,986.66|
LEE COUNTY LIBRARIES ADVISORY BOARD
The Lee County Library Advisory Board is composed of the presidents of the boards of trustees of the five libraries, with the library directors providing technical and professional advice.
|Library||Board President||Library Director|
|Donnellson||Melanie Sheppard||Brenda Knox|
|Keokuk||Linda Sue Mullen||Emily Rohlfs|
|Montrose||Sharon Bradley||Lana Clark|
|West Point||Carl Johnston||Cathy Schwartz|
The Advisory Board meets annually to establish the budget for the year. In 2011, this meeting was hosted by the Donnellson Public Library Board of Trustees.