Fiscal Year 2006-2007
REPORT OF THE LEE COUNTY LIBRARIES TO THE LEE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
FOR THE YEAR JULY 1, 2006 – JUNE 30, 2007
This report was made in accordance with the contract for library service for Lee County between the Lee County Board of Supervisors and the following public libraries in Lee County, Iowa:
Fort Madison Public Library
Keokuk Public Library
Montrose Public Library
West Point Public Library
STATISTICS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2006-2007
|Items borrowed from other libraries (ILL)||1,352|
|Reference questions answered||39,970|
|Hours open weekly||197|
*Does not include wireless Internet use in Fort Madison and Keokuk
RURAL REGISTRATION5,488 rural Lee County residents, 42%, have a library card – 5% higher than last fiscal year.
|Population (2000 Census)||Total # of Patrons||# of Rural Patrons||% of Users that are Rural|
LIBRARY COLLECTIONS AVAILABLEInformation can be accessed 24 hours/day, with subscriptions to reference databases.
- Books (including Large Print and Audio)
- Genealogy and local history
- Music CDs
- On-line Reference Databases (EBSCO, First Search, Ancestry* and HeritageQuest*)
- Videos (VHS, DVD)
LIBRARY SERVICES AVAILABLERural residents are offered the same services as community residents.
- Photocopying, printing, faxing, lamination
- Borrowing from any Lee County library
- Borrowing from other libraries via Inter-library Loan (ILL)
- Community meeting space
- Displays and exhibits
- ICN distance education
- Exam proctoring
- Internet access, including wi-fi
- Programs, including programming for children and young adults, book clubs, a writer’s club, special presentations, seasonal activities, etc.
- Reference (directions, homework help, genealogy help, database access, etc.)
USE OF LEE COUNTY LIBRARY FUNDS
For the period of July 1, 2006 – June 30, 2007, $52,500 was paid for service to rural residents.
$24,500.00 was distributed among the five libraries.
$29,284.88 was shared for joint projects:
|Large print books
|Audio visual materials
LEE COUNTY LIBRARIES ADVISORY BOARD
The Lee County Library Advisory Board is composed of the presidents of the boards of trustees of the five libraries, with the library directors providing technical and professional advice.
|Library||Board President||Library Director|
||Linda Sue Mullen
The Advisory Board meets once a year to establish the budget for the year. In 2007, this meeting was hosted by the Fort Madison Public Library Board of Trustees.